- Ghost The Musical Makes A Date With StoryhousePosted 203 days ago
- THE MORMONS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER!Posted 303 days ago
- Frozen Peas In An Old Tin Can @ The Way Theatre, AthertonPosted 339 days ago
- The Most Famous Theatrical SuperstitionsPosted 755 days ago
- A STUNNING LIVE CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF WHITNEY HOUSTON COMES TO MANCHESTERPosted 755 days ago
- Breaking Into Show Biz Through the Back DoorPosted 871 days ago
- Matilda Comes to Manchester Palace TheatrePosted 872 days ago
- Three Reasons Your Child Should Get Involved in TheatrePosted 1088 days ago
- The Addams Family – Sale Waterside Arts Centre – ReviewPosted 1141 days ago
- Les Miserables (School Edition) – Z-Arts Theatre, Manchester. Presented by Manchester Musical Youth – ReviewPosted 1154 days ago
WHEREFORE ART THOU ROMEO (AND JULIET)?
Auditions have been announced for Daniel Taylor Productions’ immersive production of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, which will be appearing at The Epstein Theatre as part of an alternating repertoire, alongside classic comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dreamfrom Wednesday 11 – Saturday 21 April.
Romeo and Juliet is regarded as the greatest love story of all time about two young star-crossed lovers caught in the middle of feuding families with tragic consequences. Heartache and love are at the very essence of this production.
Auditions for the title roles of Romeo and Juliet will take place on Monday 12th Februaryand Monday 19th February at the Epstein Theatre on Hanover Street.
Producers are looking for talented North West based actors for this paid role, to portray two of the most famous of Shakespeare’s characters in this highly anticipated adaptation.
Males for the role of Romeo must be aged between 17-30 with a playing age of 17-21, and females for Juliet must be between 16-30 with a playing age of 14-17. Those chosen for the roles will also be cast in the alternating production, A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Anyone wishing to register, please send a CV and photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and producers will contact suitable candidates with audition times and preparation material.
Daniel Taylor said: “Liverpool is a hotbed for amazing acting talent and I have no doubt we will find our perfect Romeo and Juliet to lead this exciting production.
“We are delighted to be back at the Epstein Theatre in April and to bring 2 of Shakespeare’s greatest classics will be such a joy!”
During a two-week run, both Shakespeare’s biggest comedy and greatest tragic romance will be brought to life on one stage! The two shows will play as part of an alternating repertoire, performed at the Epstein Theatre between Wednesday 11 and Saturday 21 April (listings below).
A Midsummer Night’s Dream was the Epstein Theatre’s first Shakespeare production which received 5-star rave reviews from critics and audiences alike in 2017. It follows four young Athenian lovers and a group of six actors, whose lives are turned upside down by the powers of fairies and their magic powers. This production will appeal to all audiences, and will be of particular interest to GCSE students as the play is currently included in the National Curriculum.
It now returns for another run alongside Romeo and Juliet, which will be set in a strife torn protestant and catholic Liverpool. Acclaimed Liverpool actor Daniel Taylor will resume the role as director for the two plays.
Liverpool born Daniel Taylor has appeared in the West End production of Blood Brothers, produced and played the title role in The Tommy Cooper Show and toured the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US in the title role of Lennon: Through a Glass Onion. Most recently he appeared as Hernia the Ugly Sister in Liverpool Empire’s 2017 Christmas panto Cinderella.
This offers an exciting opportunity for local actors to get involved in this upcoming production.