- Award-Winning ‘Cotton Wool’ On Amazon Prime VideoPosted 21 days ago
- UK Theatres to Re-Open from 1 AugustPosted 22 days ago
- Ghost The Musical Makes A Date With StoryhousePosted 526 days ago
- THE MORMONS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER!Posted 627 days ago
- The Most Famous Theatrical SuperstitionsPosted 1079 days ago
- A STUNNING LIVE CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF WHITNEY HOUSTON COMES TO MANCHESTERPosted 1079 days ago
- Breaking Into Show Biz Through the Back DoorPosted 1194 days ago
- Matilda Comes to Manchester Palace TheatrePosted 1196 days ago
- Three Reasons Your Child Should Get Involved in TheatrePosted 1411 days ago
- The Addams Family – Sale Waterside Arts Centre – ReviewPosted 1464 days ago
THE MORMONS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER!
“The best musical of this century.”
Ben Brantley, The New York Times
The Book of Mormon, Broadway’s smash-hit musical written by Trey Parker, Matt Stone and Robert Lopez, is coming to Manchester.
The Tony®, Olivier® and Grammy® award-winning show will begin performances at the Palace Theatre Manchester on Thursday 6 June 2019.
Public booking will open at 10am on Wednesday 14th November 2018 at www.thebookofmormonmusical.com and at the Palace Theatre Box Office.
Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the creators of the Emmy and Peabody award-winning television show, South Park, now in its twenty second season, and the feature films South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and Team America: World Police.
Robert Lopez co-created the Broadway musical Avenue Q and co-wrote the songs for Disney’s Frozen and Coco. He is one of only fifteen artists to win all four major entertainment awards – Emmy®, Grammy®, Oscar® and Tony® Awards.
The Book of Mormon follows a pair of Mormon boys sent on a mission to a place that’s a long way from their home in Salt Lake City.
Since making its world premiere in March 2011 at New York’s Eugene O’Neill Theatre, where it won nine Tony® Awards, including Best Musical, The Book of Mormon has been performed on three continents and won over thirty international awards. The musical has smashed long-standing box office records in New York, London, Melbourne, Sydney and cities across the U.S.
The London production opened in February 2013, winning four Olivier Awards® including Best New Musical, and breaking the record for the highest single day of sales in West End history. It has sold out every one of its 2380 performances to date at the Prince of Wales Theatre.
Book, Music and Lyrics are by Trey Parker, Robert Lopez and Matt Stone. Directed by Casey Nicholaw and Trey Parker, The Book of Mormon has choreography by Casey Nicholaw, set design by Scott Pask, costume design by Ann Roth, lighting design by Brian MacDevitt, sound design by Brian Ronan, orchestrations by Larry Hochman and Stephen Oremus and music supervision and vocal arrangements by Stephen Oremus.
The Book of Mormon is produced by Anne Garefino, Scott Rudin, Important Musicals and Sonia Friedman Productions.
Palace Theatre, Manchester
Box Office: 0844 871 3019*
* Calls cost 7p per minute, plus your phone company’s access charge.