- Ghost The Musical Makes A Date With StoryhousePosted 26 days ago
- THE MORMONS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER!Posted 127 days ago
- Frozen Peas In An Old Tin Can @ The Way Theatre, AthertonPosted 162 days ago
- The Most Famous Theatrical SuperstitionsPosted 578 days ago
- A STUNNING LIVE CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF WHITNEY HOUSTON COMES TO MANCHESTERPosted 579 days ago
- Breaking Into Show Biz Through the Back DoorPosted 694 days ago
- Matilda Comes to Manchester Palace TheatrePosted 695 days ago
- Three Reasons Your Child Should Get Involved in TheatrePosted 911 days ago
- The Addams Family – Sale Waterside Arts Centre – ReviewPosted 964 days ago
- Les Miserables (School Edition) – Z-Arts Theatre, Manchester. Presented by Manchester Musical Youth – ReviewPosted 977 days ago
ENGLISH NATIONAL BALLET RETURN TO MANCHESTER THIS OCTOBER
Two works new to English National Ballet’s repertoire, Sir Kenneth MacMillan’s masterwork, Song of the Earth and August Bournonville’s La Sylphide recreated by Frank Andersen and Eva Kloborg, will be performed at the Manchester Palace Theatre from Wednesday 11 – Saturday 14 October.
First performed in 1965, MacMillan’s choreography for Song of the Earth was different from anything he had previously devised. Featuring three central figures, a Woman, a Man, and a Messenger, this powerful, moving exploration of life, death, and renewal is set to Mahler’s song cycle, Das Lied von der Erde, performed live by the English National Ballet Philharmonic. These performances of Song of the Earth coincide with the 25th anniversary of MacMillan’s death.
Devised by one of the world’s leading producers of Bournonville ballets, Frank Anderson and Eva Kloborg’s faithful version of the 1830s Romantic ballet La Sylphide sees James wake from a dream on the morning of his wedding to Effy to encounter a mysterious sylphide before him, setting off a fateful sequence of events.
Song of the Earth and La Sylphide will also be performed at the London Coliseum in January 2018.
Casting will be announced in due course.
For more information see: www.ballet.org.uk/song-sylphide
Song of the Earth / La Sylphide
Manchester Palace Theatre
Wednesday 11 October – Saturday 14 October 2017
Tickets: From £12
Box Office: 0844 871 3019* www.atgtickets.com/manchester *
*Booking/transaction fee applies