- THE MORMONS ARE COMING TO MANCHESTER!Posted 94 days ago
- Frozen Peas In An Old Tin Can @ The Way Theatre, AthertonPosted 129 days ago
- The Most Famous Theatrical SuperstitionsPosted 546 days ago
- A STUNNING LIVE CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF WHITNEY HOUSTON COMES TO MANCHESTERPosted 546 days ago
- Breaking Into Show Biz Through the Back DoorPosted 662 days ago
- Matilda Comes to Manchester Palace TheatrePosted 663 days ago
- Three Reasons Your Child Should Get Involved in TheatrePosted 879 days ago
- The Addams Family – Sale Waterside Arts Centre – ReviewPosted 932 days ago
- Les Miserables (School Edition) – Z-Arts Theatre, Manchester. Presented by Manchester Musical Youth – ReviewPosted 944 days ago
- [Review] Deadpool Film (2016)Posted 1071 days ago
Phoenix premieres new 3D digital art in Leicester
An exhibition premiering a 3D film created by one of the most innovative artists working with animation will run from Monday 17th December until 31st January at Phoenix in Leicester’s Cultural Quarter.
Sebastian Buerkner’s intricate and starkly beautiful films will be on display at Phoenix in the Cube gallery, and in the building foyer and cafebar. The exhibition is free and open daily from 9am until 11pm (from 10am – 11pm on weekends). A launch event, open to all, will take place at 7pm on Monday 17th December.
Buerkner’s work explores the nature of film and moving image – its structure and language, and the way it can alter perceptions of space, time and the world around us. His new work, The Chimera of M, has been commissioned by Phoenix in partnership with FLAMIN and The Elephant Trust. On display in the Cube gallery, it is an animated 3D film which flashes between the real and the surreal. Further work from the artist will be exhibited throughout Phoenix: on video screens in the Phoenix Café Bar, That’s Your Dog tells the story of a life through a stream of snapshots; and in the Phoenix foyer, Realm Pins shows a journey cut-up and retold in a series of stripes.
The exhibition is part of a broad programme of digital art exhibitions and activities at Phoenix. Digital art includes a wide range of artistic practices that use digital technology as an essential part of the creative or presentation process. Funded by Arts Council England, and supported by DMU, Phoenix is at the heart of a thriving digital art community in Leicester.
Sebastian Buerkner trained as a painter but now works exclusively in digital animation. He has exhibited widely in solo and group shows internationally. Born in Germany, he lives and works in London.
Further details about the exhibition and Phoenix are available at www.phoenix.org.uk
Phoenix is a multi-screen cinema, digital art gallery and café bar in Leicester’s Cultural Quarter. Phoenix is a registered charity which aims to bring inspirational film and art to all.
More information is at www.phoenix.org.uk
Phoenix. Cinema – Art – Café Bar. 4 Midland Street, Leicester LE1 1TG