- JERSEY BOYS COMES TO MANCHESTER PALACE THEATREPosted 35 days ago
- CILLA THE MUSICAL CAST ANNOUNCEDPosted 82 days ago
- Undercover Festival V Lands at Dreamland MargatePosted 86 days ago
- The Most Famous Theatrical SuperstitionsPosted 87 days ago
- ENGLISH NATIONAL BALLET RETURN TO MANCHESTER THIS OCTOBERPosted 87 days ago
- A STUNNING LIVE CELEBRATION OF THE MUSIC OF WHITNEY HOUSTON COMES TO MANCHESTERPosted 87 days ago
- DIANA VICKERS TO STAR IN NEW MUSICAL SON OF A PREACHER MAN, COMING TO MANCHESTER PALACE THEATRE FOR A ONE WEEK RUN THIS SEPTEMBERPosted 167 days ago
- NATIVITY! THE MUSICAL Comes to Manchester Palace Theatre November 2017Posted 181 days ago
- Manchester Opera House Announces Purrfect Pantomime Cast for Dick Whittington this ChristmasPosted 182 days ago
- The Buddy Holly Story Comes to Manchester Palace TheatrePosted 182 days ago
Call for artists: East Midlands Artists showcase
Artists from the East Midlands are invited to apply to exhibit art and contemporary craft at the Open 24 exhibition at New Walk Museum & Art Gallery, Leicester from 2 February – 5 April 2013.
The Open exhibition celebrates the superb wealth of talent within the region with an eclectic exhibition of artworks in a wide selection of different media, from photography to painting and ceramics to glass ware.
Artists in the annual Open exhibition vary from local to regional artists, emerging to established talents, all with a chance to win artist prizes, including the £2000 Attenborough Prize, now in its sixth year, presented to the best contemporary visual artist exhibiting in the exhibition.
The annual Open exhibition is a great showcase of the regions creativity with a wide selection of different artforms, from landscape painting to photography, illustration and sculpture, textiles and ceramics. All the artworks are for sale, providing a perfect opportunity for visitors to start their very own art collection.
This year’s Open exhibition selectors are Adel Al Salloum, Director of the Spark Festival, Lucy Philips, Director of Leicester Print Workshop and Deirdre Figueiredo MBE, Director of Craftspace.
The Open exhibition is available to artists living or working in Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and Northamptonshire with craft practitioners also from Warwickshire and the West Midlands.
The Open exhibition once again features a Youth Category with two categories, 11 – 15 years & 16 – 19 years, offering aspiring artists who live, study or work in the East Midlands the opportunity to exhibit their artworks and a chance to win artist prizes. The Youth Category is free to enter with works selected by an invited panel.
The Open 24 exhibition is supported by: Tassell Design & Quality Solicitors Wilson Browne, with artist prizes kindly supported by; De Montfort Hall, Embrace Arts, From Dusk 2 Dawn, John E Wright, Leicester Creative Business Depot (LCB Depot), Leicester Print Workshop, Leicester Museums Trust, Quality Solicitors Wilson Browne, Soft Touch and The Mighty Creatives.
For more information on the Open exhibition and to download an application form visit: www.leicester.gov.uk/open24 submissions for the exhibition take place in January 2013.
Open 24 is part of Open Season, a partnership with East Midlands Visual Arts Network.